Straight Leg Swings HIIT
Straight leg swings help mobilise your hips and warm up the muscles surrounding them. Always keep the movement from the hips and don’t twist or bend your torso forward. Straight leg swings increases core stability and balance.
Ultimate Guide to Straight Leg Swings
- Stand tall, (hold onto something if absolutely necessary).
- Pull back your shoulders and keep your head high.
- Swing one leg forwards keeping the swinging knee straight.
- Swing your leg up high enough until you feel a slight tightness at the back of the leg.
- Swing your leg back.
- Repeat, gradually gaining height
You can also swing your arms to help with balance. Keep yourself pointing forwards. It is better to do 30 seconds on one leg, rest for 10 seconds and do 30 seconds with the other leg.
The Benefits of Straight Leg Swings HIIT
Straight leg swings work glutes, hamstrings, hip flexors and quadriceps.
Muscle groups worked with Straight Leg Swings
Straight Leg Swings HIIT Variations
- Hold the palm of your hand out and try to get your toes to touch your hand. You need good flexibility in order to do this, don’t bend the knee.