Standing Knee To Elbow
Standing knee to elbow is a functional abdominal exercise for boosting strength throughout the core. Unlike standard abdominal exercises, they don’t isolate your abdominal muscles, they also work the upper legs.
Lifting your knee toward your body takes the work of many muscles, which are collectively known as your hip flexors. The hip abductor muscles not only move the leg away from the midline, but they also help to rotate the leg at the hip joint. The hip abductors are necessary for stabilisation during walking, and one-legged movement.
Ultimate Guide to Standing knee to elbow
- Put your fingers on the sides of you head (or bind fingers behind head)
- Extend your elbows to the sides.
- Lift your left knee to the opposite elbow (you don’t need to touch).
- Repeat with the opposite elbow and knee
Try and achieve a stomach crunch.
The Benefits of Standing Knee To Elbow
- Hip abductors and hip flexors.
- Abdominals and glutes.
- Upper legs.
Muscle groups worked with Standing knee to elbow