The glute bridge is an effective glute toning exercise. The glute bridge also works the rest of your core, which includes your abdominals, lower back, hamstrings and hip abductors. They can be performed anywhere.
Ultimate Guide to Glute Bridge
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with your hands out from your side for stability.
- Bend your knees, your feet should be placed shoulder width apart close to your buttocks.
- Push from your heels, lifting your hips off the floor keeping your back straight. Hold at the top.
- Pulse your hips higher and tighten your buttocks.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
The Benefits of Glute Bridge
You should feel the burn in your glutes and your hamstrings if you’re doing it correctly. The bridge is also great for improving hip mobility and strengthening your lower back. Try and add pulses when in position.
Muscle groups worked with Glute Bridge