Glute Bridge Lat Holds
The glute bridge is an effective glute toning exercise, but adding a back hold by pressing down with the elbows makes this a real strength exercise. The glute bridge also works the rest of your core. They can be performed anywhere.
Ultimate Guide to Glute Bridge Lat Holds
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with your elbows by your sides.
- Bend your knees, your feet should be placed shoulder width apart close to your buttocks.
- Push from your heels, lifting your hips off the floor keeping your back straight. Hold at the top.
- Push your elbows into the floor and try and elevate.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
The Benefits of Glute Bridge Lat Holds
You should feel the burn in your glutes and your hamstrings if you’re doing it correctly. The bridge is also great for improving hip mobility and strengthening your lower back. You lifting at the elbows makes this a real back strength exercise.
Muscle groups worked with Glute Bridge Lat Holds