Fast Punches HIIT Workout
Fast punching without a bag (shadowboxing) is a great speed exercise. With no bag to stop your punch, you are punching with only the weight of your hand into the air. With nothing to slow you down, this is the fastest you will ever be able to move your hands. You can punch as fast as you can imagine your combinations. 30 seconds of fast punches really gets your heart going.
Ultimate Guide to Fast Punches
- Stand with feet spread apart at a little more than shoulder-width, and the knees slightly bent.
- You are standing in a low karate style position with your feet side by side, facing forward.
- The fists should be held above the hips. Palms and knuckles upwards.
- Rapidly punch (karate style) at an imaginary target with your knuckles pointing downwards.
- When one hand returns to the hip, the other hand immediately punches.
- Staying in a low stance during this exercise also works the leg muscles.
The hands should be moving like a fast piston. Try and stay low to engage the core, glutes and hamstrings. When you get to the 15-20 seconds mark you will start to slow. Make a conscious effort to go faster right to the very end. Don’t forget to breathe!
The Benefits of Fast Punches HIIT Workout
Punching is a whole body movement, through your hips and core muscles and then along your arm via your chest and shoulders. The muscles of your shoulder are strongly involved during punching. Keeping a low stance with knees slightly bent engages the core, ass and legs.
Muscle groups worked with Fast Punches