Push Ups With Crunches
Push ups strengthen the chest and arm muscles and can be easily scaled as you get stronger. If you are starting out and have little upper body strength, the early days of doing 1 or 2 terrible ones will soon pass. After a few weeks of a daily HIIT routine you will be doing a dozen or more perfect press ups. Your body weight will fall and your strength will increase, perfect for more and more press ups! You can raise your feet by using any low object or step, the crunches add a little variation to the standard push up, working the core.
Ultimate Guide to Elevated Push Ups With Crunches
The key to a good press up is hand position and the straightness of the body. It is a PUSH up and not a CURVE up!
- Keep your body straight (your ass should not be in the air!)
- Put your feet on a raised surface (the feet can be wider if balance is an issue).
- Head slightly up..
- Palms open and forward, fingers gripped to the ground. Your hands are positioned so your thumbs are in line with your nipples. Slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Contract your core and squeeze your buttocks (engaging your glutes).
- The movements should be controlled.
- After the first push up, bring up each leg close to the chest.
The Benefits of Push Ups With Crunches
Push ups are a great strength and fitness indicator. Monitor how many push ups you can do over time. you will be amazed with your improvements.
Muscle groups worked with Elevated Push Ups With Crunches