Push Ups With Rows
Classic exercises such as push ups and rows are perfect for your HIIT workout. By combining these two popular exercises into one combination move, you’ll not only save time but you’ll also help strengthen muscle, burn fat and shred your physique. The safest way to do these is to use hexagonal dumbells.
Ultimate Guide to Dumbbell Press Ups
- Start in a push up position as you grip a pair of hex dumbbells placed shoulder-width apart. Keep your feet about hip-width apart.
- Lower down into a push up until your body hovers just above the floor. Your body should stay in a straight line.
- Pause and then push yourself back up. Now bring one dumbbell toward your chest and return it to the floor.
- Do another push up and row with your other arm. Continue to alternate arms every rep.
The Benefits of Push Ups With Rows
Rows are an efficient HIIT exercise that targets your shoulder (deltoids) and back (trapezius) muscles in the main. The following muscle groups are trained when doing push ups:
- Pectoral muscles (chest)
- The deltoids (shoulders)
- Triceps (back of the arm) to a lesser extent
- Biceps (front of the arm) to a much lesser extent
- Abdominal (as you are effectively in a plank position)
- Gluteus (buttocks) is responsible for holding the hips in place and prevents the spine from dropping.
Muscle groups worked with Dumbbell Press Ups