Cobra Pose HIIT
Cobra pose is a Yoga back bend that stretches the muscles in the front of the torso, the arms and the shoulders. It is an excellent pose for increasing the flexibility of the spine, as well as reducing back pain. Cobra pose is especially useful for people who have sedentary lifestyles such as those who spend their days sitting.
Ultimate Guide to Cobra Pose
- Lay flat on your stomach and place your hands under the shoulders
- Make sure the thighs are parallel to each other
- Elbows placed strategically near the body.
- Palms should be 20-30cm apart.
- Toes should be firmly positioned on the ground so as to act as supporters.
- Raise your upper body.
- Tilt your head back and look up.
- Shoulders should be back and down (this will puff out the chest).
- Breathe slowly and hold the pose.
The Benefits of Cobra Pose HIIT
Cobra pose helps to tone the buttocks, making muscles stronger. Spinal muscles are also worked. This exercise is also a very effective in how to stretch abs. The cobra pose is also effective in stimulating the abdominal organs and also in alleviating stress.
Muscle groups worked with Cobra Pose
Cobra Pose HIIT Variations
- The extension to the cobra pose is really the degree of bend in the back. Experienced yoga practitioners can bend the back to almost 90 degrees to the legs.