Child’s Pose (Balasana)
The Child’s Pose is a gentle resting Yoga pose that stretches the hips, thighs and legs. It also relieves stress and tension. Make sure to maintain a focus on your breathing.
Ultimate Guide to Child’s Pose
- Kneel on a mat and relax the arms.
- The knees and hips are bent with the shins on the floor.
- Lower the chest to rest on the knees (or the knees can be spread, allowing the chest to go between the knees).
- The head is stretched forward towards the ground.
- Place your arms backwards towards the feet.
The Benefits of Child’s Pose (Balasana)
The child’s pose is a gentle exercise that is good for the lower back and glutes.
Muscle groups worked with Child’s Pose