The Butterfly Pose posture is performed with both the feet tucked close to the groin. With the hands clasping the toes. It is called the Butterfly Pose because of the movement of the legs during the posture, giving the appearance of a butterfly flapping its wings.
Ultimate Guide to Butterfly Pose
- Sit upright
- Bend your knees and bring your feet towards your groin.
- The soles of your feet should touch each other.
- Grab your feet tightly with your hands.
- Bring the heels as close to your body as you can.
- Take a deep breath in. Breathing out, press the thighs and knees downward towards the floor.
- Gently flap both the legs up and down like the wings of a butterfly.
- Bend forward if you can.
The Benefits of Butterfly Pose
- The butterfly pose gives good stretch for the inner thighs, improving flexibility in the groin and hip region.
- It helps with gut health and bowel movements.
- it is a great stretch during and after pregnancy.
Muscle groups worked with Butterfly Pose