Hanging on a pull up bar strengthens your grip and your forearms. Shrug your shoulders to engage the trapezius muscles that run across the top of your shoulders to your neck. You can also bring up the knees to engage the core.
Everyday activities places a lot of stress and compression on your back. Sitting in office chairs, standing up all day puts a little bit of compression on your spine. The bar hang helps your spine to decompress, keeping it from becoming too tight.
Ultimate Guide to Bar Hang
- Grip the bar with your palms facing forward.
- Hand for as long as possible.
- Optionally shrug the shoulders or raise your knees
The Benefits of Bar Hang
- A great exercise to improve grip strength.
- It also decompresses your spine.
Muscle groups worked with Bar Hang