Arm Circles HIIT Workout
Arm Circles are an upper body exercise that can be done anywhere. They are great for a wake-up HIIT routine. Arm Circles will increase tone and definition. You can use arm circles as a warm up or as active rest. You don’t need any special equipment for arm circles. A 30 seconds blast of small fast circles does a great job of toning the shoulders and chest. There is no risk of injury as it is commonly used as a warm up.
Ultimate Guide to Arm Circles
- Legs shoulder width apart.
- Make sure you have a solid stance with your stomach sucked in.
- During the 10 seconds of rest, slowly raise your arms to the start position whilst breathing out.
- Head up nice and high, puff out the chest slightly.
- Always start with an upright straight body with the arms out (a “T”).
- 15 seconds slow clockwise rotations followed by 15 seconds in reverse. Normal breathing.
- Make circles of about 30cm in diameter.
- Always return to the T position at the end and slowly drop the arms during your 10 minute rest period.
The Benefits of Arm Circles HIIT Workout
Arm circles work the shoulders (front, side and rear and rotator cuff). Arm Circles are an excellent isolation exercise for the deltoids (shoulders).
Muscle groups worked with Arm Circles
Arm Circles HIIT Workout Variations
- Use resistance bands.
- Use light dumb bells (or any 2 small objects that are to hand).
- Rotate the wrists whilst doing arm circles…. try and go the opposite direction to your arms, it is really hard!